Thursday, May 14, 2009

Help Me Oh Lord to Give Out What I Have Been Given !

The love of God is comprehensive. There isn't any part of our lives that He doesn't consider. Our welfare concerns Him. I am comforted by this and rest assured in it.

Not that I don't question, I do, but I conclude that He is worthy to be trusted. I want to reflect this trust to those who are still searching, this brings Him glory. Each of us must examine our own hearts, and hopefully come to the same conclusion. We don't know all the answers, we can know the The One who does.

We need Him again today. We have lost another loved one. After saying good-bye to a friend just a week ago, we now are laying out clothes and making preparations for another funeral. So suddenly he is gone. We prepare to minister to those in shock and disbelief.

How ? By rehearsing the goodness of God. For me, it's the only way I can prepare. I have no 'stiff upper lip' to offer. Deep in my heart is where I must go to have anything to give to anyone else.

If it's not there, if the knowledge of the goodness of God isn't already there, already in my heart the moment it is needed, I'd come up empty. The words I'd have to say would ring hollow and never bring Glory to God or a soul to salvation.

I must prepare everyday by going to the well of Living Water. "Spring up, Oh Well !" (Numbers 21:17) Then when a dry and thirsty soul is presented, Lord fill my mouth, open my mouth to speak and LIVING Water that will quench. Not my words oh Lord, Your Word. Giver of all life speak through me today.

So I rehearse now. Consider soul, what His love has brought you---justification, adoption, sanctification, eternal life ! The riches of your goodness are unsearchable; yet help me conceive of them and convey them.

As Charles Spurgeon said, "I will go out with rejoicing that we are not desolate wanderers but beloved children, watched over, cared for, supplied, and defended by our Lord Jesus ! His tender loving care will not meet with only a faint responds from me !"

Stir me up oh Lord ! You, in Whom we find all our fresh and flowing springs !

Robyn

1 comment:

  1. Robyn, I agree with your words whole heartedly. I cannot know what is in the mind or heart of others but I can know the heart of God through His Word. This gives me the ability to trust. I do not know what is the cause of each fall but I do know that God will never let our lives hit the ground. My prayer is that we can live out our lives abundantly fulfilling our destiny and bringing that sweet salvation to the King of all Kings. I also pray that we may live beyond the cross, die to the flesh and walk in the spirit where there is now no condemnation. Prayers and comfort to your family.

    ReplyDelete